BuddyRider Wall of Fame
- Hi, My name is Sandra I live in Australia and have had my buddy rider for a few months, my dog and my mum's dog loves the buddy rider, it is perfect for me as my dog is my mind dog which means we can now fine it easier to get around...I have attached a couple of photos. .it was real easy to install onto my bike. I have also had many people stop to ask where I got it for so I think this would be a huge seller in Australia as dogs do become part of people's family. .. I have had no issues with my bike rider and my dog whom is 11 years old gets excited when we go for a bike ride... Please feel free to contact me you need to my mum has actually video of me riding with her dog if you would like that emailed to you as well...Thank you for time. Sandra Falkner
- Hi Jason, Colin from BuddyRider has asked me as an Australia customer to contact you with feedback. We purchased the BuddyRider because the product uniquely suited our requirements. The website had good testimonials, demonstrative photographs, and a family friendly branding. After purchase we eagerly tracked the package progress, and received 9 days after purchase. Since arrival we've used the BuddyRider a number of times. We had no problems setting up and using it, but our Papillon is still getting used to the idea of travelling without running. We have recommended the product to our friends and family, and due to the high quality of manufacture, look forward to using it for many years. We have an unboxing video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmdxBVNkhrY and hope to add more videos as Jordy enjoys the BuddyRider. Best wishes, and all success with your venture, Tim :)
- Hi Jason, I recently purchased a buddy rider from Colin and Diane so that we can take our small dog with us on the new bike tracks in the far north. Unfortunately I am having trouble because with the buddy rider on I can no longer get off the saddle when stopping as most women do and I am having to retrain myself to stop with one foot down and one on the pedal. The idea is really good but I think some modifications could make it even better!! We are situated in Opua in Northland not sure where you are - maybe we can arrange a meeting to discuss this. Cheers, Lynn and Graham
- Hi Jason, thought you might like to see our buddy Toby out on the bike with us - I could not get used to it so my husband has him on his bike and he really enjoys it as long as he can see me ha! ha!. Regards Lynn
- Hi Jason,The buddy rider is very cool! Lilly looks great in it! Very relaxed with things. I have had a good few comments from people at the dog park already! I am interested in representing the product here and possibly selling them on your behalf. Have a think about how best to do that – it would be good to have some stock on hand here as well as your suggestion about referring people to your website with a unique code or such so I can get a commission. Looking forward to hearing back from you shortly. Regards, Lisa
- Hi Colin and Jason, Just attaching a couple of photo’s for you both as promised. These were taken in Okuru (Haast) in the South Island of NZ on our recent holiday. Cheers, Chris Baillie
- Hi Jason, Colin & Diane asked me to contact you re this product. I understand that you will distribute them in NZ. It works well for me as I commute with my dog by bike. She is quite relaxed sitting in the Buddyrider. When I bought it I was worried she wouldn't like it as she gets anxious. Let me know if you need endorsement etc. Cheers, John Carter
- Hi Colin, Diane, and Jason. Here’s a couple of photos of Seb, my Spoodle, and me just heading off to work on my bike. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Although my work is not far away and Seb is able to run alongside my bike, there are longer bike rides which are too far for a little dog. Seb weighs just under 10kg. He loves the wind in his face when we go fast. I was a little dubious about going on tracks with the Buddyrider attached but find that I have really good manoeuvrability despite that. The only changes I’ve had to make to my bike is putting my seat down a little so my feet touch the ground and I have to splay my legs a little bit. Everyone comments on the Buddyrider and I make sure to tell them your brand name and where you are. I nearly had another one sold for you but their Spoodle weighs about 15kg and couldn’t fit into my seat when he tried it. Thanks heaps and I’m thrilled that I finally found a really neat bike seat for my pooch. Adrienne Crossen, Picton, New Zealand
- Hi Jason, Here’s me and Lucy ready to cruise the local roads which we enjoy every day. Lucy does not want to have it any other way. She’s very comfortable in her seat, being in front and having a full view of ‘all those things’ we encounter on our ride. There’s been a lot of thinking to get everything right on the buddy writer, superb engineering and quality manufacturing. From Lucy’s point of view, we’re going on an adventure and meet a lot of smiling people along the way.
- Permission granted for use on the referrals. About my bike. It’s a Pedego Cruiser designed to sit low. The Buddy Rider needed a modification to avoid knocking the knees. See photo. The insert is a short galvanised pipe which raises and extend the support and which just fits the inside. It is secured with two little screws on both ends and could have been welded using aluminium but due the longer bar it would place a lot of stress on the seat clamp. In theory using the screws releases some of the stress. Good luck with the business. CheersCheersCheers, LeoAlfonsMaria
- Hi Colin and Jason, I am happy to provide feedback about the buddy rider. I have included a photo of Patches and I on the bike. I received my buddy rider within a few weeks of ordering it from the website. I didn't immediately put it on my bike but start training my pup Patches by having the buddy rider on the floor and putting her in it to get used to it. After a few days, I put it on the bike and presto, Patches loved it. Every time I go near my bike with the buddy rider my dog get so excited. It only took one ride and she loved it. I think she enjoys the wind in her hair. It is so easy to use and the position and weight of the seat with my dog in it does not disrupt the safe handling of the bike. Best money spent in a long time. We love our buddy rider. Please let me know if the above is not sufficient. Regards, Leia Sheldrick
- Hi Jason, Just responding to the feedback request from Colin at Buddyrider (see email below): We think this seat is brilliant – nothing like it in NZ that we could find, and we think it will catch on in NZ with those who have small dogs. The seat is easy to install and our 2 dogs (Westie & Cairn Terriers) took to them straight away – they are quite comfortable sitting up in front and seem to love the ride. We bought them so we could go longer distances with our dogs (put them in the seat when they get tired), yet still be able to let them walk/run for exercise beside the bike when needed. We have comments from people we pass everywhere we go J They are also very comfortable for the person riding the bike – as they say on the Buddy Rider website/video you don’t feel the weight of the seat and dog at all, and as long as you set up the bike and seat to fit the rider it doesn’t make much difference at all to riding the bike – except obviously you have to mount it over the back of the seat. Money well spent as far as we are concerned. Regards, Chris & Mike
- Ok - firstly I HAVE MY BUDDYRIDER and I have to say, I had very high expectations and this product blew them away!!!!! One ride and our girl Daisy (Daisy-Duke), was jumping at the bike for another. The product exceeds what I hoped for and is well built, makes my pup and me feel secure and she loves the wind on her head on rides. A++ - Peter R Scarborough Ontario
- Hi. I just wanted to thank you so much for the buddy rider!! Best money ever spent! We have been able to bike so much more now. Parker loves it! She was a little reserved at first but now she's climbing at my leg to get it in. She checks out all the birds, loves being taller than all the other dogs we pass, checks out the deer around town, groundhogs and squirrels. She is really excited about it and loving it. When I bike with my husband and he passes us she won't stop barking and yipping at him until he lets us ahead again! Ha ha it's quite humorous! She likes to be in the lead with the best view possible! Thank you - Sheila Ontario
- Saw you on the Dragons Den and just had to order one.. got it in the mail just recently due to back order and just installed it on my bike.. been waiting a long time. Have two small dogs a Minnie Jack and a Jack Russell. They both took to this bike riding in just minutes flat and were anxiously waiting to take turns having rides.. I am so thrilled with this product that I have just ordered another one for my husband.. he is at work and has not even seen the one I just received yet.. This product is so easy to install and is so well made I am astounded.. Happy to be a buyer or your awesome invention.. Thank you so much.. I'm just in love with it.. - Denise Toronto
- I am so pleased with it and our little Flouky 'Dog' loves it. We can ride for 1 hour and he is so happy. His ears are floating in the wind and you can see in his little face how happy he is and we can enjoy our day with our little baby instead of him, being stuck at home while we are enjoying a beautiful day outside. - Sandra, Gatineau Quebec
- Hello Colin, We are so very happy with your Pet Seat. Your design is stunning and every detail is quality. Max was thrilled to be up front and had absolutely no concern with being in the seat. This was our first day with the Buddy Rider and we look forward to the years of use your Pet Seat will see. All the best! - Diane, Pauline & Max Surrey, BC
- Hi Colin: Just wanted to drop a line to say how much Zander and I enjoy the Buddyrider. It's perfect--I had tried a trailer, basket in the back, and basket on the handlebars. They all had some major disadvantage for Zander or for me (he weighs 18 pounds). I retain good weight distribution and handlebar use with the Buddyrider. - Karen. Edmonton
- hi Colin and Diane, let me first tell you how much the buddy rider means to me. For the past four years I've suffered from anxiety and depression, so to go out on my own and bikeride like i used to was a fond memory. What i did notice was that if my dog was with me my anxiety was considerably lessened. Because Piper is just over thirteen pounds the handle bars was not an option, and her being behind me didn't appeal to me because i couldn't keep an eye on her. So thank-you for getting us out on the roads, and looking to many more adventures... - Joanne, Ontario
- Hi Colin, Love it first my dog was scare to stay on , after a few ride around the block he love it. Now I can take my dog every and don't have to leave him home'n summer is just around the corner I can't hardly wait for better weather so we can used !! Thanks I love it!! - Best regard Georgina (Vancouver)
- All in all, we are really pleased with the seat, and wish you the best. - Cheers, Connie (Toronto)
- Trixie loves to go fast, put her nose to the wind and lets her ears flap. She even barks when we go down a hill like she's saying let's go faster. - Dianne, Calgary
- Just want to share with you Tuco on the bike, it took 15 min to Install and works great! I'm a happy customer - Nadia, Toronto
- Hello Colin, Hope you're doing well. I received my Buddyrider this morning. Put it on my bike and put my dog Marley in the Buddyrider (see the picture attached to this mail). It is fantastic!!!!! Already people smiled and laugh when they saw me and Marley!!! - Joan, Montreal
- I thought it would take a little while for my dog Boomer to get used to it because he is very timid, but he took to it right away, now he loves it. - Penny (Errington)
- Installation was easy, took about 10 minutes. It took a little getting used to having it there for getting on and off but no more than the one time out in the park. - Brad (Errington)
- We installed our Buddyrider yesterday and took our toy poodle, named Daisy, for a ride. Daisy LOVED it! The product was very easy to install and it is a lot sturdier than I had expected. It is very solid/stable. Great product - congratulations and I wish you much success. - Jeff, Seattle, Washington
- Sam, our Jack russell terrier, was a little apprehensive initially, but now, he's loving it, not just the nice breeze but also the huge amount of attention he received. Everyone was really curious about it. Thanks for this amazing idea!! It's just too brilliant. - Ke Ying, New York
- Finley loves his Buddyrider. - John (Eccleston England)
- Molly is 7 years old and instantly got the hang of the Buddyrider and loves riding up front, its great it now means we can cycle anywhere and any distance. - Paula (UK)
- We got our Buddyrider on Thursday!!!.. Milo was and still is a little apprehensive. However were thinking it's getting him all harnessed in that he's not too keen on haha. Once he's in and off we go he's looking pretty damn happy haha. So we are loving it....now we don't have to feel guilty now he's with us bike riding. - Tim and Lori, Surrey
- Hi Colin. We first put Jack in the seat last weekend, photo enclosed. We had a ride out today and he seemed to be comfortable. Lots of people commented as we cycled past. I have given out your website to a friend who has a friend with a JackRussell. Kind regards. - Belinda (Channel Islands)
- I had been searching for over a year looking for some way to take my dog along on our family outings. Then we saw you on the Dragons Den. That was it. That was what I was looking for. Perfect!I just got my buddyrider on Friday and we took it camping with us to Squamish. I love it and my dog Bandit does too. I got lots of looks riding by and even was stopped by a lady wanting to purchase one. Even though we purchased it in April and did not get it until July it was definitely worth the wait. Thank you so much. Awesome idea! - Laurie and Bandit.
- Received the Buddy Rider and had success installing. Very sturdy unit and easy to manoeuvre on bicycle. After we put Willy in the seat we tempted him with hot dog treats and within a few minutes he was ready to hit the road. We took him 10 km on a bike trail. Looking forward to lots more trips. Thanks so much for this great invention. I am sure you will be getting lots more orders once people see us going. - Faye.
- Hi Colin and Diane. Here is a picture of Cody in the buddy rider. He took to it like a duck to water and already has gone for quite a few rides. Even though Cody can be a little bit skittish he didn't show any fear what so ever with this. Thank you so much for your product. I am sure that we will be a good advertisement when we have him biking with us. He loves people and they are attracted to him anyways so with this it will even be more. For sure we will give a huge thumbs up when asked about the product. Thanks again. Cheers. - Vickie Jeff and Cody.
- We got our Buddyrider a few days ago and I can't believe how quick it was to get Itchie on the bike and riding with us. She's a 5 month old mini Golden Doodle and weights 20 lbs. After installing the seat, we only needed a few treats to get her on the seat. After taking her for a couple of short rides, she was already hooked! We went for a 45 minute ride later that day and she just sat there enjoying the scenery. I do wish the seat was a little more padded and perhaps a little larger but all in all, this is an amazing thing. Thanks so much! - Frank
- Hi Colin, I got the Buddyrider today. I really can't thank you enough for inventing this beautiful seat. From the surprising simplicity of the installation to that smoothness of riding, where you don't feel like you have added anything to the bike, this seat is a WINNER. Our Sasha is only three months old and I was planning on doing maybe 10 minutes in a quiet area the first time, but as we started riding and I bent over to see her face, she licked me, and I knew instantly that I hit the jackpot with this seat. We went straight to the Lake Shore bike trail, the busiest bike trail in Toronto, practically everything on it, not just bikes, combined with the noise of the late afternoon traffic alongside. It didn't matter. Sasha was happy. We did an hour of riding there and I think we could have done another one. This seat enables me to enjoy my puppy on a different level, to take her places that are not accessible with a car, to take her farther than I would have been able to before she learns to walk properly on a leash. I can even take her away from her mama now (that would be my wife :-))). And all that for a price that wouldn't even pay for one visit to the vet, as the man who stopped me put it. Thank you so much. Here is a picture of our first ride. - Vladimir,T
- Oh my goodness, we LOVE our Buddyrider. We received on Tuesday last week (fast delivery - thanks) and headed to Kejimikujik National Park campingon Thursday. Put Tika in her new "seat" and she loved it right away. We have been having so much fun riding our bikes around the trails at the park. However, we don't seem to get too far when someone stops us and asks where we got the neat bike seat for our dog. Thank you very much for allowing us to enjoy camping and all the experiences that go along with it like biking with our best friend. - Cheryl
- We just sent you a pic or two of Gracie on her new buddy rider. She just loves it. Likes the wind in her ears. So easy to ride with. - Burnie Nanaimo
- We first heard of you in the local newspaper last year and came and bought a Buddyrider right away. We LOVE it and so does our dog Emily. It's so easily attached, comfortable for both biker and pup. We were on a holiday last summer and were able to enjoy lots of bike riding with her! Here we are in Durango, Colorado. We attracted lots of attention, as you warned us we would, and told many about the Buddyrider! - Ken and Pat Qualicum Beach
- Thank you so much, our little Mikey loved his ride!! He sat so proud!! It took him 5 seconds to get use to it!! 5 minute install...perfect product!! Thanks again for giving us the pleasure of including our dog on bike rides with us. - Joanne & Randy Canora Sk.
- The Buddyrider sits between the handlebars and seat, and is very stable. I'm 5'8" and was very comfortable with this seat on my bike. Piper loved the ride, and we rode for 2 hours without any problems. - Donna (Victoria)
- We have tested it around the block a couple of times, and it works very well. I will post pictures when Spring appears. Thanks for a great product ! - Ken (Parksville)
- Yes, I have been using the Buddyrider with my JRT and would give this product a rating of 5 out of 5... Cheers - Jeff (Sit Happens Dog Training Inc)
- We are enjoying the Buddyrider, fit nicely on the bike and our little Emily was pretty darn cute sitting up in front. We will be using it lots as we are planning an across country trip starting in mid May, so will definitely let you know how it does over an extended period. - Pat, Qualicum Beach
- The buddyRider that I purchased from you does not fit my bike. There is not enough space to dismount onto the crossbar when I come to a stop, therefor I find it unsafe.
- Got it installed on my bike yesterday, and we went for a test run today. It is great!! I said "Toby let's go in your Buddyrider" and he ran to the door (this is a dog that hides when he sees the leash come out for walks). He sat there like a furry little king as we went around the block. Can`t wait to go for some longer rides now. I love having him up close & personal.... much better than the trailer. - Felicity, Chemainus
- Thanks to you and your great invention, we are finally back on our bikes not feeling guilty for leaving our dog at home. The experience of biking with him is priceless and our dog really enjoys it too! - Chris, Nathalie and Wallee
- Just got the Buddyrider today, we installed it with no problems!! Put our Shitzhu in his seat and off we went, he absolutely loves his Buddyrider!! Thank you so much for such an awesome product!!!!! We are all very pleased :) I will send you a picture! - Thanks again :) Toni-rae AB
- Just want to send a quick note to thank you for the prompt delivery of the Buddyrider! It only took 12 minutes to install, and there's still plenty of room for myself and the pet seat. My dog, Muppet, was a little apprehensive first getting in; however, once the breeze hit his face, both rider and pet were hooked! I love the product - it's solid and secure for the dog, and really easy to remove and install. I love being able to bring him along, and from the photo enclosed, he's pretty pleased with it too!
- My Buddy Rider has arrived and we tested it out for the first time tonight. It works great! She wasn't completely sure of it at first, but after some coaxing with treats and we got going, she seems to love it! - Cagney and Dakota Omaha
- Received the seat last night and took our Schnauzer for a trial run. The seat is a hit!!!!!! We have been letting her ride in a milk crate on the back of the seat and all she wants is to see what is happening in front of the person cycling. She IMMEDIATELY took to the Buddyrider. - Cindy GA